Subject: Acid: Opening the Serial port!
From: "GEORGAKAKIS,LOUIS,MR" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 94 23:31:57 EDT

>Your serial problem has been answered several times on the mail list in
>the last two weeks, using the help key you can quickly check the syntax
>of any command, and it will tell you a new 2nd parameter has been added
>which I admit was VERY stupid when regarding backward
>compatability/documentation...
>Hmm, to cut a long story short:
>a.l=OpenSerial(0,"serial.device",2400,0)
>should work, shouldn't it guys?
>

I am aware of the HELP key function, BUT it says NOTHING about those
brackets you have there!  How the hell am I supposed to know if I
should use brackets or not?  Anyways, I tried it out.  Aside from your
inversed "serial.device" and device # 0, it works.

Sheeesh!  Dumb brackets.

Have you figured out why the MED commands don't work properly on my
computer?  I tryed playing around with the speeds in MED, but I cannot
get it to work!  I still need several PlayMed commands in the loop,
and I still don't get the right speed I want.  Also, ProTracker
MODs don't work either.  They play too fast, plus sometimes the
instruments that are playing get choked and they don't come out
sometimes.  I can fix that problem in ProTracker by changing the DMA
value (whatever the heck that is) and it works in ProTracker, but it
still plays too fast.  How else can I play a MOD with my programs?

Nelson.